Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after...











Well, all the presents are unwrapped, the living room looks like Toysrus exploded at our house! We had a wonderful Christmas, I love my boys they bring us the greatest joy! My oldest Owen is 6, he always leaves me with plenty of material to share with others. He did not disapoint this year! Christmas Eve we warned Owen that he was not to go into the living room, or wake us up until two conditions were met. One it had to be light outside, and two his little brother had to be awake! I woke up a little before 5 a.m. to a light being on in the hall bath. I got up to turn it off and saw that his light was off, so I crawled back into my bed. I love Christmas and was excited too, so I laid there waiting till I heard Wyatt wake up. At a quarter to seven, Wyatt woke up and Owen came flying into our room. I told him to wait in there with Daddy, so I could turn the lights on. I went into the living room and turned the Christmas Tree lights on, and grabbed my camera. As I called the boys in, I noticed Owen had his hands full of a few things that looks suspisiously like opened presents! He comes running to me and says "look Mom, I woke up and Santa had left some presents in my room and he got me just what I wanted". Now I know where those gifts were, I saw Santa put them in his stocking not his room. I looked over at my husband and could have about died! It was so funny, what could you say. It was so totally Owen! I have no idea how early he got up and went through his stocking. I know when I was a child I always got up and touched and read labels, but never would I have opened a gift! When I told my mom she said he is so you, but I told her he took it a step further than I would have ever dared! Chris and I know we are in trouble with him! I am so grateful for him, to give me these memories that I will cherish forever!



1 comment:

  1. cute pictures! Owen is a hoot! Love hearing the things he comes up with

    ReplyDelete