Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flower card

I made this card for the Hero Arts Challenge the theme this month is Flowers or St. Patricks Day. Believe it or not I do not own one St. Patrick themed stamps, so flowers it is! I used PP from Cosmo Cricket, and my new die from spellbinders, love their deckled dies. They look great when you sponge on distressed inks, I used shabby shutter for the background deckled frame and the swirl stamp from Hero Arts. Then I sponged on dried marigold and spiced marmalade over the flower and used a white gel pen on it. The stem is colored with copics YG23 & YG25, and the scallop border is stamped in white ink and embossed.  I miss their old format, but am looking forward to seeing PTI new weekly challenges.

Yesterday, I got a much needed break and went to the Enchanted Cottage and Archivers with a friend it had been a crazy week and it was nice to get away from the day! We had so much fun, hopefully soon we can get together and use the new stuff we bought! I hope to have more time to work on stuff this week. I plan on sticking close to home since I will be driving my Husbands big truck for most of the week. I have no problem driving it, its the parking that I cannot do. Since we do not need any additional problems I think I will just drive it to and from Owen's school!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I am jealous that you had time to play while I was at work :)

    ReplyDelete