Friday, April 2, 2010

Owen the hippo


As soon as I saw this stamp from Hero Arts I though to Owen and Maizee the hippo and the turtle that became friends. The story was in the news, then later they wrote two childrens books that documented their friendship. My oldest son's name is Owen so I had to get him the books to read to him. I think I need to go through my collection of stamps and see if I have any turtles that would complete the scene. This card is a quick birthday card for someone. The image is colored with copics, the grass hills is from a cute whimisical set from PTI and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.


I am looking forward to a beautiful Easter weekend with my boys, tonight we get to dye the dozens of eggs I have been collecting from our hens. My fridge is so full of eggs, we love using the Bantam Cochin's to dye the eggs. They lay eggs half the size of the eggs you get at the store, and in a very light tan color. We discovered by accident that they create the most beautiful muted colored eggs.  On Saturday we are taking the boys to a egg hunt downtown, then Sunday the Easter Bunny leaves oodles of eggs around our property for the boys to find. This will be the first year for Wyatt, so I am looking forward to seeing them both on the hunt! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

  1. very cute card! and I look forward to seeing pictures of the boys with their easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete