Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pears, poires...


I love pear images, I have collected quite a few, I just ordered a new one from Memory Boxes 2011 release then realized I had a similar one from Magenta. Oh well, I am sure it will get used, and I do have a undisclosed amount of butterfly stamps! This image was colored with copics, the edges were distressed with walnut stain, and the PP is from Cosmo Cricket. The die and sentiment are from PTI.

On the farm front, I have two crazy bantam hens that have been sitting on a pretend nest for months. They share the nesting box and at least once a day I have to chase them out to get food and water. One of them is my bella, who I raised from a chick. A few weeks ago I realized when they were out of the box a Rhode Island Red was laying an egg in there. I didn't think much of it, but the other day Wyatt came running inside to tell me a baby chick hatched. Well it was a Red baby chick and the two crazy hens kicked it out of the nesting box and just stared at it from above. Once I realized they had no intention of caring for it I brought it up to the house. It is the cutest little thing, he love attention practically jumps in your hand to be held. So I guess I am raising this one too! I am hoping another one or two hatch as its quite lonely and would love some company. Will post pictures of him or her soon.

1 comment:

  1. love your card Tanya! I like pears also...in fact my last name means really ripe pear in Czech!

    ReplyDelete