Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Big Day!


I spent Sunday with a friend, a trip to Archivers, a delicious lunch and then back to her house to stamp. I stamped quite a few of her beautiful flower stamps, and colored away with my copics. This stamp is from Impression Obsession and I love it! I stamped it with Memento black ink, and then colored with YG 03,YG05 and YG06 for the leaves and stem. The purples are a mix of BV0000, BV02 and BV04. The sentiment is from PTI: Year of flowers, Violets. The script is embossed and distressed.  I love hydrangea's the most beautiful ones I have ever seen were in Cape May, NJ. There are so many houses with these bushes surrounding the house, so pretty. I have never had much luck with the ones we have. It gets so hot here they just end up wilting up before their blooms open fully. I may just have to go buy some silk ones I saw at Michaels to put around in the house.

Today was a huge breakthrough for Wyatt with his speech therapy. He has started to use a few two word phrases, such as more crackers, or bye Owen. However today he was working on a puzzle with shapes, and said to Channing (his therapist) but where circles go? We were both stunned, but both Channing and I were a little sad, since it mean he will be discharged soon. Which is a great thing, but we love his therapist and she adores Wyatt, we will miss her so much! This experience with Wyatt has shown me that timelines and expectations are standards that he doesn't need to follow. He has and probably will alway do things in his own time. For a Mom who likes to plan everything and needs to know what comes next it has been an adjustment, but something I think I needed to learn. In due time....

1 comment:

  1. the card turned out great! Great for Wyatt, sounds like he is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete