Monday, June 7, 2010

Summertime butterflies

























I made this card for the Hero arts June Challenge: Theme Summertime. I love seeing the butterflies during the summer, there are so many different colors and species. This is a new stamp from Hero arts, and it is so fun to paper piece. I used some scraps from the baby announcement card, I love these papers from Memory Box. I think I need to order some more!  I stamped it on various pieces of pattern paper and cut and pieced the butterfly together. I stamped a die cut with a  background design with Spring Moss over the white paper and attached the butterfly to it. Then I embossed the purple die cut and attached to the pattern paper. The sentiment was stamped then the same background design was stamped with the second impression using spring moss to give it a softer color.Finally I used a spica gel pen in clear to accent the butterfly, it is hard to see on the photo.  I love how this turned out!

My little one is not feeling well, seems to be similar to the virus Owen had last month. A fever, swollen glands and feeling tired. Of course we have a trip I have been planning for months scheduled for later this week. For now we are just resting and getting lots of fluids in him. I am hoping by then he will feel better!

3 comments:

  1. This card is really lovely! Wonderful job on that butterfly and it shows so well on that white card with the green design. Sorry Wyatt isn't feeling well, hopefully he will feel much better before you leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and wonderful colors. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Tanya! Love the design and the gorgeous butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete