Saturday, August 20, 2011

Clarity

Do you ever have those moments of clarity that allow you to see things just as they are? I usually get them while I am driving, I see things as they should be, feel the complete and utter appreciation of how they are. Good or bad I am calmed by the truth.  I wish I could live life with these brief moments all day, but it seems that they go as quickly as they come. I am sure its the craziness of life, its constant chatter that keep them from staying, but I try to learn from them when they occur. Life goes so quickly, each day has it's own agenda most of which you probably don't have much of a say on how it goes. I usually start out in one direction to only find I am in a totally differnet one. I constantly try to be a better Mother, Wife,  and Friend, and each day vowell to try better. Somedays I feel that I have done a good job, others I know I fall short. I have learned to be okay with that as tomorrow is another day. Things in my life our not as I had thought they would be, some expectations have fallen short.  I am learning that I have to be okay with that too, you see these things are nothing that I have control over. I can only control my actions and decisons,  and with that I have to create the picture of my life I want. My husband and my children are my everything, I am so incredible blessed to have a wonderful husband who would do anyhing for me. He is the most hardworking man I know, an incredible father whom the children adore, and a truly caring person. I was only 17 when I met him and Thank God that even at my inmature age I found a genuine person to spend my life with. Together we have built a life that I absolutely would not change. As my children grow into adults and begin their lives I hope they remain close. My vision for my family is Sunday dinner at our house,  where we can all catch up on each others lives. However I am not naive in the fact that this may just be a fantasy, they may move away, make choices I may not like,  they will meet other people and fall in love. I know this, but I know I am in control of my choices, my reactions, and if I am okay with that then things will be as they should be, either way.

For my crafty friends, I will be back Monday with a card, I have been super busy with the kids, school is starting  Thursday for Owen. Then we have the new Cleaning business we are trying to start, lots going on! DH took the boys to the mountains yesterday, so I am hoping to have some time to craft while baby girl is napping.  Lainey and I are eating take out food and watching girly movies all weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Look at those beautiful, brown eyes! She is so sweet, Tanya! What a heartfelt post this is. I wish you and your DH the best of luck with your new venture. Have a lovely weekend with your little girl. Sending you hugs. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a doll...so cute. and what a wonderful reflection on what is important in life!

    ReplyDelete