Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mojo Monday 123

It's been awhile since I participated in the weekly challeges at  http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/. They are a great source of inspiration. I find that I get stuck in a rut with the same card layouts. These sketches challenge me to think differently. I really enjoyed the circle card challenge although I did not stick to the sketch entirely.  Art is ones own interpretation, and I just could not find any type of embellishement that did not take away from the entire design.  I used Memory box pattern paper in Rubard Tart, and the stamp is from Memory box as well. The image is colored with markers directly on the stamp and then stamped on the paper.

We had some nasty cold weather here, our front deck is still covered with ice. Chris and Owen spent the day cutting tree's out of our ditch. While Wyatt napped I started on a set of quilted placemats, I needed something to practice my free motion quilting. I would like to do the quilt I am working on that way, and am not really good at it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Great Card! can't wait to see the placemats, I love that free motion quilting!

    ReplyDelete