Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Christmas wreath

One of the challenges at hero arts this month is to use non-traditional stamps to make a holiday card. I bought this floral wreath recently with the embossing folder and thought it would make a pretty Christmas card. It was embossed with white ink, colored with markers and then ran thru the machine with the folder. I die cut it then attached it to the red and green panels. The bow is something I added, after much fiddling and adjusting I decided it was as good as it was going to get. I rarely use ribbons, mainly because I have such a hard time making the bows look pretty. It's still beautiful here, Wyatt and I have enjoyed playing outside everyday while Owen is at school, and pixie is napping. Love not dying from the heat or being carried off by the bugs!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful look! Love the red flowers against the white embossed wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! love the embossing and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete