Wednesday, October 26, 2011

let it snow

I love snow, but only in small doses.  We most likely won't see much snow here, but when we do it's a huge event. Where I grew up in MD, if we had a good amount of snow we were usually snowed in and unable to get out of our driveway. That could mean days of being stuck, which as I got older became not so fun. Here if we get snow it most likely will melt by mid-day and there is usually no shoveling involved.

I stamped the tree from Penny Black with brown memento ink, then used broken china, tumbled glass and faded jean distressed inks on the panel. I then overstamped a snow design block from Hero arts in white onto the panel.  The Window die is from Memory box, isn't it fabulous! I love it. I have lots of ideas for this one! They have two sizes and their dies cut perfectly and are in so many great shapes. The snowflakes were embossed and sanded to create the rustic background. Here is a close up on the die and tree. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely design for your card. I really like this window...and the "scene" is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed all day here yesterday and let me tell you - I was hating it! lol. It didn't stick so it was no big deal, I was just not ready for snow in October, especially because I was wearing capris and flip flops the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous window die! Wow, I love it! Looks like a real wintery scene, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete