Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

If anyone is checking I am still alive! It has been a crazy last few months with birthdays, holidays and family. I love the holidays, but I think I put such high expectations on what I want them to be that I stress myself out. I am relieved that now things can get back to somewhat normal (if that is possible) routine. Owen returned to school today and Wyatt, Pixie and I are trying to catch up on some chores we have been slacking on. The kids had a wonderful Christmas, we had my Mom visiting for Christmas and then my in-laws came down for a few days after that. The kids enjoyed having them all and it was nice to have some time to get last minute things done.

I have been thinking of a lot about goals I want to accomplish in 2012, and have decided to share them in hopes that I may meet some of them if I put them out there! So here is my list in no particular order:

1. To become better organized in my life, parenting, household and crafting.  I find things are so much easier when things are as they should be.

2. To eat healthier and cook more healthy meals for my family. We do a pretty good job of eating homecooked meals, but I want to do better.

3. To live more in the moments, treasure the time I have with my husband and children, as it slips by so quickly.

4. To make more time to create art, I have been dabbling in zentangles, and other forms of art journaling, and I want to do more of this. It is something I can do anywhere with very limited supplies.

5. To step up my card making, I want to become a better artist. I need to dedicate more time working on my cards, and other papercrafts.

6. For my blog: I want to post more projects, cards and increase my traffic. 

7. To do something with the thousands of photo I have stored on my computer. Realistically I know I will never scrapbook them, but putting them into an album online and printing just may be the best solution.

I have also seen where others chose one word for the new year: my is going to be patience, I am a high speed person, but I need to realize many are not and that has to be okay. Mostly because it doesn't bother them only me! LOL!

So these are my goals, if I can do even a few I will consider it a success! Now if I can get my blog to work with Internet explorer I will be a happy girl! It works fine in Mozilla, but posting photo's takes forever.  Wish me luck!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some wonderful goals for the new year. I could use a big dose of patience too. Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of goals! And I hope that 2012 will be the best year for you yet! I'm glad to hear you had a lovely holiday! It is nice to get back to a little normalcy, isn't it? Look forward to seeing your crafty creations this year!

    ReplyDelete