Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday’s Poppy Poem

010

 

Happy Monday everyone! This is one of my favorite stamps from Penny Black, Poppy Poem. It was stamped and colored with copics, the background paper is from Memory box, as well as the die cut on the side.

 

Hope everyone had a great weekend, Owen finally got to do some fishing with his Daddy and use his new fishing gear he got from Santa. He would stay out in the boat all day if we would let him. While Pixie napped this weekend, Wyatt and I spent some time in the office crafting and playing. It felt good to spend some time working on cards again. Pixie is starting to walk, she just turned 14 months which is when Owen started walking too! I wish I could keep them small forever, I love these milestones but they are bittersweet to me. We took the kids to eat at a favorite restaurant yesterday, and the owner is from China. He is so sweet to the kids there and he was telling us how in China they were allowed one child. They had a girl, and even though they would have loved more that was it for them. It really makes me appreciate that we live in a place where we are free to make our own choices. I can only pray that in the future our children have the same freedom we have enjoyed.

Have a wonderful day, thank you for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. It certainly would be difficult to have your government force you into only have one child - scary stuff! Love your beautiful card, Tanya! Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! We do have so much to be thankful for and I'm afraid a lot of people don't appreciate it like they should. Glad you are getting some creative time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love these radiant colors!

    ReplyDelete